Report a Concern

There are many ways for Howard University students to contact staff members about any concerns they have. Please reach out using the information below.

Behavior and Wellness

Are you concerned about a student's behavior or wellness?

Howard University’s Bison Intervention Team (BIT) is a cross-functional group designed to assess and respond to concerns and behaviors that hinder student success. This team mitigates and addresses student challenges by ensuring they are able to get the support they need from University staff and resources.

Issues you may send to BIT include concerns about mental health, safety, family, and more.


Send Report to BIT

Community Concern

If you have a concern about Howard University or a Howard student as it relates to your community or neighborhood, please contact the Office of Off-Campus Housing and Community Engagement.

Contact OCHCE

Gender-Based Assault or Harrassment

You have the right to a safe and supportive learning environment at Howard University.

If you experience discrimination or harassment based on your perceived or actual sexuality, gender, gender identity, gender expression, non-conformance with gender stereotypes, or sexual orientation, you may report it to Title IX.

Send Report to Title IX


Howard University has a zero-tolerance policy against hazing.

Hazing violates campus regulations, the Student Code of Conduct, chapter rules and sometimes city and state laws. Hazing is defined as any forced action that could possibly endanger the mental, physical, or emotional health or safety of a student.

A failure to address and/or report an act of hazing committed against another individual may also be considered an abuse of power and a violation of this policy.

Specific questions and reports of hazing should be directed to the Office of Student Life & Activities at 202-806-5990.

For immediate assistance, call Howard University Campus Police at 202-806-1100.

Contact SLA

Lost and Found

The lost and found is in the Blackburn University Center.

Contact the Blackburn University Center

Mental Health

If you or someone you know has mental health concerns, the University Counseling Service can help with treatment.

If someone's life or safety is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1.

In DC, you may also contact the DC Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program: 202-673-9319

Get help at UCS

Student Conduct and Community Standards

If you have a concern about the way that a student has conducted themselves in a specific behavior or action, please contact the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Send a report to Student Conduct

Work Order

Submit work orders for all campus facilities except for residence halls.

Submit PFM Work Order

Work Order (Residence Halls)

Submit maintenance requests for residence halls only.

Submit a Maintenance Request

Still unsure and want to Report a Concern

Click here to Report a Concern