Knowing the difference between routine maintenance concerns and a maintenance emergency is critical to ensuring your requests are addressed according to priority.
Emergency maintenance situations are those that require immediate attention from our maintenance team. Below is a list of maintenance emergencies for your reference:
- Fire alarm
- Electrical sparks/smoke
- Downed electrical line
- Electrical outage
- Broken steam, water or gas line
- Toilet overflowing
- Person trapped in elevator
- Storm water flooding into a building
- Sewage backing up in a building
- Broken, gushing, or misdirected irrigation device or sprinkler head
- Gas leak or smell of gas
- Ice formations hanging from a roof
- Inoperable lock where a space cannot be secured
- Discharge of fire suppression system
Should you experience a maintenance emergency, please notify the front desk attendant assigned in your residence hall and submit a detailed maintenance request.
If there is ever an instance of flooding or overflowing of water in your unit, please turn off the water source first (if you are able to) and then notify the front desk of your emergency.