Student Elections are held twice every year. A General Election is held in the Spring when the majority of student government officials are elected. There is also a Special Election in the Fall where students can run for positions that were not filled in the previous election.
Elections are administered by the Elections Commissioner, who is appointed by the HUSA Executive Branch and approved by the HUSA Senate.
Students who wish to run for student government positions must attend an interest meeting before each election and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Student Elections Code.
All elected officials serve one-year terms. Below is a list of all the elected student government positions:
- HUSA President and Vice President
- Undergraduate and Graduate Student Trustees
- HUSA Senators
- UGSA and GSA Representatives
- Local School and Colleges Student Council Presidents, Vice Presidents, Treasurers, and Secretaries
- Local Schools and Colleges Freshman Class Council Presidents, Vice Presidents, Treasurers, and Secretaries.