The Howard University Parent Advisory Council (HUPAC) is a team of parents who manage the Parent Program.
HUPAC connects parents and family members to campus departments and student services, and advocates the needs and concerns of parents and family members to University administrators.
- Engage HU parents in activities that promote the University and enrich students' educational experience
- To ensure person to person communication between parents and the university on matters on all aspects of campus life
- To assist parents with serving as ambassadors of Howard University, through support and engagement
- Represent parents of current undergraduate students to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Support initiatives that build parents' affinity for the University
- Howard University Parent Advisory Council promotional gift from the university
- Invitations to special events
- Access to leadership within Student Affairs
- Priority registration for annual Parent Reception during Homecoming
- Information sharing and networking opportunities with other Howard University parents
- Opportunities to meet and talk with Howard University staff and administrators
- Opportunities to participate in Move-In and New Student/Parent Orientation
- Exclusive emails