If you will not return to University Housing...
We are sad to see you go but excited for your next steps!
Whether you are graduating in December, moving to off-campus housing, transferring to a different school, or otherwise withdrawing from the University, notify your Hall Manager that you will not return and follow the instructions below:
First, cancel your spring housing:
Submit a Housing Cancellation Form.
Next, prepare your space:
- Remove all trash, perishable food items from your room/suite and place in the appropriate dumpster designated for your hall.
- Complete the items on your Cleaning & Closing check-list provided to you at your floor meeting or available on the housing website.
Finally, check out with HU staffer:
- Schedule your check-out. Your Floor RA will have details on how to schedule a check-out with times available.
- At your scheduled time, the Housing team will evaluate the condition of your room. If there are any damages, the housing team will record them on your check-out form and assess damages as needed on your student account.
DO NOT leave without checking out with a HU representative.
If you fail to follow proper closing procedures, or if damage is found in your unit or bedroom, charges may be applied to your student account. (This does not include normal wear and tear).
Some common charges include, but are not limited to:
- Improper or Failure to Check-Out
- Lost Key
- Cleaning, Trash Removal
- Late Check-Out
If you are charged any damages from closing, you must submit an appeal by the given deadline. No appeals will be considered after that time for any reasons.